Murfreesboro Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Experienced legal representation for those injured in bicycle accidents.
Bicyclists have the same rights and responsibilities as motorists do. Unfortunately, inattentiveness and other dangerous driving happens can lead to vehicles colliding with bicyclists. While the motorist is likely to be okay, the bicycle rider will rarely fare well. The sheer size of the car versus a bicycle makes the potential for injury astronomical. Also, bicycles lack the basic safety features of a car like a steel frame, seatbelts, and air bags.
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident due to the negligence of another motorist, you have a right to be compensated for your injuries just as you would if you were in a motor vehicle. At Kidwell, South, Beasley, & Haley our Murfreesboro bicycle accident attorneys stand by your side and pursue your legal rights to receive monetary compensation for your injuries. If you or someone you love has been injured in a bicycle accident, we can help.
Who is the responsible party in a bicycle accident?
Under Tennessee law, bike riders have the same rights and responsibilities as those operating automobiles. This means liability in a bicycle accident is evaluated just as it would be if two cars were involved in a crash. If a negligent act by a driver caused the accident with a bike, they would be held responsible for causing the crash and thus would be liable for compensating the bicyclist for injuries and other losses including:
- Pain and suffering
- Cost of medical care
- Cost of future medical treatment and physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning ability
Most people operate under the mistaken idea that a bicyclist is never the responsible party in a crash. This is just not the case. Because a biclycist has the same rights and responsibilities on the road as any other motorist, they can be held responsible in whole or in part for causing an accident.
What should I do if I am involved in a bicycle accident?
What you should do after a bicycle accident may vary depending on what your injuries allow you to do. No matter what, you should always seek medical treatment and an evaluation of your injuries. Additionally, try to:
- Document the scene: This includes taking pictures of the accident scene. Make sure the accident report accurately reflects what happened in the accident.
- Gather information: Get the contact and insurance information of the other driver or drivers involved in the crash. Additionally, get the names and contact information for any and all eye-witnesses to the crash. They can provide valuable testimony later.
- Seek medical treatment: Get checked out by a medical professional after the crash even if you do not feel like you were badly injured. Injuries can flare up a few days after a crash. Failure to seek immediate medical care can jeopardize your personal injury claim. Follow your doctor’s recommendations and always get the follow-up care you need.
- Seek trusted legal advice: Call the experienced Tennessee accident attorneys at Kidwell, South, Beasley & Haley. Consulting with our skilled personal injury attorneys as early as possible can help protect the value of your claim.
Speak to one of our trusted Murfreesboro bicycle accident attorneys today if you have been injured in a bike wreck
There is a lot to remember after an accident, on top of coping with the pain of your injuries. The Murfreesboro bicycle accident attorneys at Kidwell, South, Beasley, & Haley are here to help you through this overwhelming time. We take on the legal burdens associated with pursuing your personal injury claim, so you can focus on healing. Contact us at 615-893-1331 for a free initial consultation or contact us online.